- 2016.08 - now: Duke University, Master of Science in Economics and Computer Science, GPA 3.78
- Selected courses: Algorithms, Data-intensive Computing Systems, Software Design and Implementations, (Cousera) Big Data Analysis with Spark and Scala, Predictive Modeling, Econometrics, Empirical Asset Pricing
- 2012.08 - 2016.06: Zhejiang University, Bachelor of Economics in Finance, GPA 3.90
- Honors and Scholarships: Chinese National Scholarship (2013), Zhejiang University First-class Outstanding student (2013), Zhejiang University Outstanding Graduate (2016)
- 2017.05 - 2017.08: software development intern at DataSense Analytics Inc., in San Diego USA
- Used the Latent Semantic Analysis model and the Gensim Python library to add a feature to compare question similarity for the Pluto Question Answering function.
- Delivered a presentation on the development and methodology of Natural Language Processing.
- Independently developed a new feature for company’s product: real-time collaborative code editing (like that of Google Doc). The development is based on Node.JS, with React as the front-end framework, Hapi as the back-end framework, websocket as the real-time communication framework, and React-CodeMirror as the editing component.
- Responsible for adding other general functionality to company’s products.
- Received high evaluations from both leaders and colleagues for outstanding performance.
- Proficient in software development in Java.
- Familiar with big data engineering and analysis in Apache Spark and Scala. I have done two course projects with them at Duke, and I have taken the Cousera course Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark.
- Familiar with PostgreSQL (a relational database) and MongoDB (a NoSQL database). I have done two course projects with them at Duke.
- Familiar with statistical analysis with R, MatLab and Stata. I have used them for machine learning, economic and financial analysis in many course projects.
- Familiar with C++.
- Familiar with Python.